MY FUTURE JOB



Last year I talked about an expert in journalism and today I am going to talk about my future job. In that occasion, I wrote about Anna Wintour, who is the editor-in-chief of the Vogue Magazine in US, so can be deduced what my dream job could be.

Resultado de imagen para chanel feminist
Since I was a child, I dreamed about writing in a fashion magazine, but this desire it made me feel a little bit wrong with myself because the world of fashion in Chile is very snob and basic and I like to think about fashion as a political, cultural and social expression that has more meaning than a simple "trend" or piece of luxury. So, my dream job would be work in a fashion magazine with social sense and an approach intersectional, like Vogue, AnOther, Paper or V Magazine. And well, today, I am living that dream here. 


Now, I am writing in Galio Magazine, a chilean media, which prioritizes the message, creativity and social issues of fashion over the vagueness to which we were used to reading in traditionals magazines. And the first thing I wrote was about Paris is Burning, a sad and powerful movie. 

This job is indoor and outdoor at the same time, because I have to be writing in front of my computer or watching photoshoots in the study, but also I have to be in the streets, searching for histories to tell and characters to expose. And that's the most amazing thing about journalism: we are never motionless. 

I would like the salary to be what we deserve as communicators. We don't save a life directly like a doctor, but we change life with the information. I think that more than $800.000 it will be fine, because the independent life is very expensive in this country. 

Anyway, my perfect job is the job where I am happy and feel good with that I give to the people who read me. Is the place where I can connect fashion with the society, so that we can look at things with other eyes and understand that each expression is the mirror of what we were, we are and we will be as people. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares