SUFFRAGETTE REVIEW

Yesterday we saw a movie called Suffragette, although I didn't come to the class, I took the chance to rewatch it in my house because this movie is one of my favorites and it's never enough when it comes to Meryl Streep.

The most important thing that I love about this movie is the way that exposes feminism, understanding it as a movement that rises from the pain, injustice and sorority. So, is a film that is very deep and raw, very inspirational, very real. And it's amazing to feel that feeling with a movie that puts women as protagonist and not victims. Like the fighters that we are.

My favorite character are Maud and Emmeline. The first one because the character lives a transition and is very touching to connect with those changes that means become a feminist and learn about it. And Emmeline, well, because she is played by Meryl Streep, do we need another reason? She is amazing in every way and her peaceful and wise attitude gives to you a sense of calm when she appears. Also, she is my favorite actress.

Resultado de imagen para suffragette movie pinterestOne of the things that I liked about this film is the acting. It's very comfortable watch a movie where the cast is amazing and very committed with the labor that they are doing. And the other thing is that every movie with a feminist look is important to watch, because there aren't many with that approach in the Hollywood industry, only in indie films.
In my opinion, there is nothing in this movie that I didn't like, even when I hated almost all the men characters, I think they are there for a good reason: to explain the other side and make us feel uncomfortable with their arrogant and violent presence.

Well, to finish, my favorite scene (and the one which makes me anxious and cry) is the part when Emily, one of the suffragette, throws herself under a horse in the Derby as a way to protest for all the injustices that women lives. I think that is the frame to understand women's emancipation and our eternal fight for survival.

Comentarios

  1. What a beautiful review. I think you couldn't said it in a better way, this film is a kind of feminist manifiesto. And I like the character of Meryl Streep too, it makes me feel calm in the middle of the chaos

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Sad scene the dead of Emily, i don't hope this:(

    ResponderBorrar
  3. The horse racing was one of the best scenes! It really makes you feel so anxious and the meaning behind it its so strong!

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares