TRAVIS SCOTT




I would normally write about Lady Gaga, because she's my favorite singer since I was 9 or 10 years old, but this time I will talk about a man who became in one of the artists that I most admire in the last time and he deserves to be mentioned. Ladies and gentleman, the new talent: Travis Scott.


Resultado de imagen para travis scott tumblrJacques Webster, better known like Travis Scott, is a singer, designer and songwriter from Houston, TX. Before pursuing his musical career, he attended the University of Texas and he was seen like a promise academically, but a random day, he left everything and move to New York to become a singer.

However, the first years were a failure because any producer understood his music style and many record labels called him a futureless. But his life changed, after a lot of rejection, when Kanye West heard one of his instrumental tracks and invited to collaborate in a song.



Astroworld was the last album he released in 2018 and it was inspired by a festival which Travis used to go in his childhood and is like the only good and sharp memory that he has of his parents. The album earned a total of 637.000 copies in the first week and was nominated to 3 Grammy's Awards. For the release, he made a real festival called Astroworld in his hometown and invited the young people to participe, of which he chose a group to sing with him in the stage.

 Resultado de imagen para astroworld cover

After his appearance in the musical industry, he influenced what we call "trap" in Latin America. Also, he resigned the use of auto-tune and phasing, defining it as a new way to feel, interpret and understand music in the future. Travis, himself, has said "I'm not hip-hop, my sound is unremittingly dark, syncretic, lo-fi and above all unnatural".
If you want to know more about Travis, you can watch his new documental in Netflix: LOOK MOM I CAN FLY.

Comentarios

  1. so interesting! i will look him up and listen if i like him :)

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I think I haven't heard a song of Travis, a would search his job on youtube!

    ResponderBorrar
  3. I really liked your review! I also like some of his songs !

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares